TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MUSICAL DISCOVERIES CLASSES
- All lessons will begin promptly at the agreed start time. If you arrive late your lesson will not be extended past the agreed end time.
- Parents / guardians are required to pick up children on time at the end of the lesson. In the case of teachers having to remain in the building past their working hours due to students not being collected promptly, an additional charge of £5 per 5 minutes will be made to parents to compensate the teacher.
- The timetable is set at the start the academic year and we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate any changes to lesson times after that point. Timetable change requests will be considered and changes made at our discretion. We will not provide a refund if we are unable to accommodate the request.
- All fees must be paid by direct debit.
- The fee for lessons will be confirmed with you at the point of enrolment and the direct debit must be set up before lessons commence.
- The Piano School are not able to reserve any student’s lesson space unless payment has been received. Students wishing to take a break from lessons for a few weeks will be required to pay fees as normal if they wish to return to lessons after. If fees are not paid the lesson space will be offered to others on our waiting list.
- Fees will be reviewed at the end of each academic year and may be increased at that point.
- As Musical Discoveries is designed as a series of group lessons it is not possible to offer make up lessons for individuals. Please note that no refunds will be given for lessons missed by students.
- Any lessons cancelled by The Piano School will either be made up at a mutually convenient time or will be refunded at the end of the academic year.
Health and Safety
- Parents / guardians are responsible for the safety and behaviour of children in the waiting area and other parts of the building before and after their lesson. The Piano School cannot be held responsible for any child outside of their lesson time.
- Parents / guardians are required to inform the teacher if someone new will be collecting the child at the end of the lesson.
- Students / parents / guardians will be liable for the cost of any damages caused by the mistreatment of school property.
- Students / parents / guardians are required to make the teacher aware of any medical or special educational needs that may impair the student’s wellbeing whilst in the school.
Termination of Lessons
- One month’s paid notice is required to terminate lessons. If you are not able to continue with lessons for the whole of the notice period you will still be liable to pay the full month’s fee.
- We reserve the right to terminate lessons in the following circumstances:
- consistent late payment
- numerous lessons missed with no warning
- consistent lack of practice
- insufficient support at home
- damage to school property
- starting lessons with another teacher outside of The Piano School
- refusing to adhere to our behaviour policy.
- Any abusive or threatening behaviour towards staff or students will result in immediate termination of lessons with no refund.